Sunday, October 10, 2010

Party

So last night I went to a party with all the girls I used to hang out with in high school. I was a little nervous because I haven't seen a lot of these ladies since high school. I wondered if my not drinking was going to come up. So I brought a few O'Douls and figured I can handle this.
It turns out I wasn't the only one not drinking--there were at least 2 others "being honest." Only 1 person asked about my not drinking and I felt a little funny since I tend to explain things toooooo much. I just said I was enjoying my wine way too much, and thought I needed a break.
I had a great time and laughed my ass off.
Every day I feel the "real" me emerging. That little girl that thought she could take on the world but got squashed out somewhere along the way is breaking out and becoming the women she was meant to be.
I am proud of that little girl and that women!

No comments:

Post a Comment